Learning Comment – In this task we practiced lip
syncing to a variety of songs using a range of locations, props, music genres
and actors. This was so that we could gain some experience with filming this
way and how we need to make sure everything matches up with the song itself. I
really enjoyed this task and felt it was really helpful when trying to see how
much good lip syncing can affect the quality of a music video. It was also really
good to see what camera angles worked well for lip syncing and which didn't. If
we did it again then I would try to look at a range of different camera angles
and see rather than just sticking to the same sort of ones, such as mid shots.
I would also try to incorporate a wider range of locations. This will give me a
better idea about what locations look effective on camera and what doesn't. I
can also see what looks better creatively on camera. I found it really helpful
to have the music playing in the background so that the performer could keep
the beat and see the style in which the lyrics are sung. I realised that you
really had to over exaggerate the lyrics, as you can see in some of the raw
footage that you don't really see what they're saying and looks like you're
mumbling. This was made easier by having a copy of the lyrics and I would
highly recommend to use them in the actual shoot. However, you do still need to
learn them just as you can sometimes tell that in the performance. I think the
enthusiasm was a good attribute to the shoot by all crew members, which helped
everyone stay more positive and hard working on set.
No comments:
Post a Comment